Are you a millennial looking for a tasty treat? Avocados have become one of the most trendy things to eat in 2021. But how can we help you make them better? Metro Lifestyle has a quick recipe on how you can enhance your avocados today, and we’ve shared their article below for you.
A foodie has shared a quick and simple recipe that could help you up your avo-game – with her healthy and easy fries.
Ayeh Far, who goes by the name Cooking with Ayeh on Instagram, has inspired thousands with her latest foodie hack for crunchy and delicious fried avocado snacks.
‘Just when you thought you couldn’t love avocados anymore, did you know that you can now turn them into crispy avocado fries?’ Ayeh posted.
‘With avocados so cheap right now here in Australia, it’s the perfect time to try them.’
But they’re worth a shot even for those of us on the other side of the globe.
To give this recipe a go yourself, you’ll need avocados, flour, milk, breadcrumbs, olive oil spray, and you’ll need to make Ayeh’s ‘everything bagel seasoning’.
This seasoning uses white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, dried onion flakes, dried garlic granules, poppy seeds and sea salt.
‘The fries are great because they’re crispy on the outside, soft and creamy in the middle, which makes them the perfect snack!’ Ayeh wrote on her website.
You can either make them with an air fryer or in the oven.
Ayeh has a few expert tips to help you really nail the method.
‘Double coating the avocado slices in the flour and milk mixture gets them super crispy without the need for any egg wash,’ she says.
She also recommends that you don’t crowd the oven or air fryer. If the fries aren’t touching they will have plenty of room to get super crispy.
To make in the air fryer
1. Cut the avocado in half, peel and remove the pit. Slice avocado in thick slices/wedges.
2. Create a dipping station with three separate bowls. One for the flour, one for the milk, and the third for the panko breadcrumbs and everything bagel seasoning combined.
3. One by one, coat avocado slices into the flour first, then dip into the milk, then back to the flour, and back to the milk.
4. Lastly, dip in the breadcrumb mixture and cover them well on all sides to make sure they’re completely coated.
5. Repeat the process for all the avocado slices.
6. Preheat your air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Farenheit.
7. Place avocado slices into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 8-10 minutes.
8. Turn them around and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the second side is golden.
9. After air frying, sprinkle a little salt and accompany with your favourite dipping sauce.
To make in the oven
1. Repeat steps one to five from previous recipe.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Farenheit.
3. Place the avocado slices on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nice and golden and crispy.
4. Once baked, sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.
The lifestyle email from Metro.co.uk
Get your need-to-know lifestyle news and features straight to your inbox.